Friday, March 19, 2010

On Another Bleary Friday Morning (Ugh!)


1. Miranda woke up vomiting at 11:30 pm after being awake from 9:45-10:45, whimpering as if she had gas, completely spoiling an evening of romance. And a good night of sleep. So she's home which means I can't nap to catch up on the sleep I didn't get last night.

2. And to add insult to injury, when I was out taking a walk with the kids on Wednesday, I was wearing a short-sleeved shirt, first one of the season, because it was so beautiful and sunny. Halfway around the block, some bog flew into my sleeve, got stuck, and stung me three times in as many seconds before I could get it out of my sleeve. So, with my arm on fire, I finish pushing Miranda around the block, making Alex walk as fast as is possible, to get home and start treating with Benadryl and baking soda. Now, the back of my left arm is red and itchy in a patch about 5 inches square. So I'm still taking the Benadryl which means I'll have to add an enormous amount of caffeine to counteract the drowsiness while Miranda is home today.

3. Thank God my father arrives in a week. And my mother will be here the Monday after that.

4. Marshall and I were planning a trip to DC during the two days we are going away while my parents are here, which was supposed to be Maundy Thursday and Good Friday. However, my dear husband just discovered that if we go Wed-Thurs instead, we can see the Terra Cotta warriors at the National Geographic Museum. Needless to say, I just called (and woke up my parents) to change our schedule.

5. My favorite Aunt Katie is coming late tomorrow for a surprise visit. She'll stay until Tuesday. Hopefully, we can keep her from vomiting, too.

6. One of my friends from HS is supposed to be in NYC next weekend and so I may get to see her for the first time since 2002. She's had three kids and I've had two since we last got together.

7. My first daffodil finally opened yesterday. I'll try to take a picture of it later.

And here's Jen.

No comments: