Raising children with neurological disorders and realizing, after all these years, that I've only been "passing for normal"
Friday, February 19, 2010
It's Finally Friday!
1. We're going out to see Percy Jackson finally tonight! It was rescheduled from last Friday when Miranda and I were very sick. Since then, of course, Marshall and Alex have joined us (see below) but now that we're all drugged and the house is clean, it is safe for our new sitter to come and meet the kids and Marshall and I to go to the movies. Woohoo!
2. The trash men finally came this morning. Yeah! Trash pickup was suspended last week because of the snow. Am I the only one who is excited to see all the garbage go away?
3. My crocuses are blooming! Spring must be coming. Of course, it's a little patch under the eaves so it's not covered in snow like the rest of the flower bed, but three flowers are a great start!
4. I have been happily watching the Olympics every evening and most afternoons and my children have been remarkably tolerant. Pbskids.org is your friend, really. Keeps my children happy for ages. At least through a few rounds of Biathalon and Speed Skating and... Snow Boarding? And I thanked my husband again because it's just gorgeous in HD.
5. I have discovered a new show on Nick Jr. that I love even more than Alex and Miranda do: Olivia. I am busily filling up the server with every episode available.
6. I am finally going to post a progress picture for White Lilies on Red since I have to download the crocus picture anyway. Page 2 is going much faster than page 1 so I must be getting into the rhythm of this pattern. It is still gorgeous and I love it already.
For some reason, Blogger has twisted the photo sideways and I don't know how to fix it. So, cock your head to the right and you'll see it correctly. Sorry.
7. Lent has begun which means Easter is coming which means my parents will be visiting soon! Yeah! I am going to try to post about thankfulness again this year. Maybe not every day, but at least every other day.
And here's Jen.
Posted by Sarah Boyle Webber at 11:56 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
What a lovely burst of yellow! We do not have snow cover where I live, we have mud cover! Here's to a great weekend...
My lawn is full of snow crocus but they're all still buried. I can't wait....
Post a Comment