Friday, April 6, 2012

Longwood Report


1. Jen over at Conversion Diary is taking a break for Good Friday, so I thought I would do an abbreviated post with 7 pictures from my trip to Longwood Gardens last Saturday. It didn't rain on us, but it was grey and chilly; nonetheless, we had a lovely time and the flowers were as beautiful as ever. Below are yellow broom and variegated nasturtiums, above is one of my favorite shots from the orchid room.


2. On Monday, I posted an updated 2012 movie list. I am planning to go to a movie tonight but cannot decide between 21 Jump Street, Mirror Mirror or Wrath of the Titans. Right at this moment, I'm leaning towards Mirror Mirror. Here's some wisteria, opening early in a pot with pansies and daffodils.


3. Tulips are my favorite flowers and I got lots of pictures of them, even though many of them hadn't yet opened. I'm hoping to return to Longwood with my mother in 2 weeks to see more.


4. Stargazer lilies were in my bridal bouquet which began my love affair with them, but I'd never seen double ones before last Saturday. They were gorgeous and smelled heavenly.


5. Here is my mother-in-law, MaryLee, standing in front of one of the stranger plants we saw. It's called a chenille plant and they had them hanging in baskets in several places in the Conservatory.


6. My favorite tulips have a combination of colors, especially these red and yellow ones. So striking.


7. I have never seen jasmine flowers as large as this one and they smelled so sweet!


If you want to see all my pictures from Longwood, they are here.

I am working on a post comparing 3 performances of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing that I hope to post in the next couple of days, but that would depend on how much sleep the children allow me. I have felt groggy all week, without the benefit of allergy medicine. Spring Break started this morning and I already feel behind because of a lack of sleep.

I also finished Brandon Mull's Fablehaven series on Wednesday, reading book 5 in one sitting, non-stop, while my children played and ate around me. I really enjoyed it. Now looking for something new to read.


No comments: