Wednesday, December 23, 2009

No Christmas parties here

Because of the snow, Miranda missed all her school days this week which means she had no holiday party with her classmates, something we were both looking forward to. I took her to play at Chick-Fil-A yesterday for lunch to try to cheer her up. Then, as soon as we had gotten home yesterday afternoon, the nurse called to say Alex had what appeared to be the 24 hour stomach flu and could I please come and pick him up? So, he is home today, missing his class party as well. I was able to take in the rest of the fudgey presents for Miranda's teacher and aides and handed them to the nurse when I picked up Alex, who promised to distribute them for me, and I was smart enough to do the bus driver and bus aides yesterday morning, so I am all done with school personnel. But it just didn't go as planned this year.

Alex is starting to act like himself this afternoon and he even ate a few cheerios, but he was very wakeful last night so both Marshall and I are living on caffeine today. Now that a full night's sleep has become a habit, I miss it even more.

Hopefully, we will all be well enough to attend the Christmas eve service tomorrow. Lord willing.

No comments: