1. So, Saturday morning at 7 am we fly out to San Diego for our 11 day California vacation. Last day of school is Wednesday and it's a half day. My parents fly to San Diego Wednesday evening. And I've been sick for the last two weeks with what we're guessing is some mosquito-borne virus (blood work results pending). Of course, when you don't have energy to do anything, you do get a lot of World Cup games watched. But Wimbledon started this morning and there will now be 4 World Cup games every day. The great news is that my aunt will be recording World Cup games in San Diego so I can catch up there. And watch some key tennis games.
My callas are blooming.
2. That was an amazing game last night, USA-Portugal. I wanted to cry at the end. But the US is not out yet.
3. I have diligently been working through my goal of "finishing" all those television series that have been lingering on the DVR for months or years:
- I watched the last 4 episodes of Justified last week and gasped in dismay at least once per episode. And the set up for the final season is amazing. These writers are expert at managing a season-long story arc with each episode an ever growing disaster. No decision yet whether Raylan will survive the show. Wow.
- In the last few weeks, my honey and I have finished the seasons of Grimm and Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and then over the weekend we binged on the last four episodes of Sherlock. All of them taking to heart Joss Whedon's motto, "Why go for the kill when you can go for the pain?"
- I also picked up a new series, Motive. In two days, I watched the first 15 episodes. Things to do when you're sick.
4. Unfortunately, I have not had the energy for a trip to the movies, but that's what vacation is for.
5. One of the wonderful things about June is that fresh cherries are in season. I eat almost a pound of them a day. No joke.
This is an amaryllis, blooming in my flower bed. My mother-in-law got the great idea of planting them outside after they have finished blooming and seeing if they come up again the following year. This one did.
6. Only a few more sentences and then I can fold laundry and take my morning nap.
I have Asiatic lilies, too. Mostly pale pink but some red, a few orange, and one white.
7. If you missed my Saturday post about my father's gift to us of painting two room and a hallway, scroll down.
Pray for us this week. Pray that my body would heal. Pray that we transition to California with a modicum of ease. Pray that our time with my family is full of joy and rest. Give thanks for good school years and awesome teachers.
Jen's on vacation. Hosted by Team Whitaker this week.
Post a Comment