Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day!

So my cousins are still visiting and experiencing their first snow storm. We forgot to move their car into the driveway last night (we had no expectation of being visited by the snowplow before noon!) so they had to shovel their car out of the piles made by the snowplow earlier today. Aaron, California dude that he is, opted to shovel in shorts.

But what I wanted to post about was the awesome book Marshall gave me for a late Christmas-New Year's Day present, The Making of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back by J.W. Rinzler.


I'll bet you didn't know I was a Star Wars geek. Or that my favorite version of The Phantom Menace is a fan edit by Magnoliafan called Balance of the Force. Or that I watch Star Wars: The Clone Wars but appreciate the artistry of Star Wars: Clone Wars. Or that I've lost whole evenings surfing around Wookiepedia. Then there's this new site that Marshall found called The Secret History of Star Wars that swallowed up another afternoon and evening of my life.

But, about the book. Marshall went to Borders with Miranda to pick it up (with a pile of coupons) and handed it to me at about 5 pm on a Saturday night. And I spent most of the evening reading the last half of the book (sometimes I start in the middle and work out from there) and am still working through the first half. We both highly recommend it for other geeks of our ilk. Of course, it's big and heavy so handle with care (or prop it up on pillows to read it, as I do) and enjoy!

No comments: