Thursday, January 7, 2016

Movies Galore

Somehow, I let the whole of 2015 go by without one blog post about what films I'm looking forward to or even manage to see. There was that whole "peak" television thing going on, plus all the personal crap. Grueling is a way to describe my year. Too much grieving.

But 2016 is a brand new year. Here's what looks interesting:

February 5
Pride & Prejudice & Zombies 
This is a maybe. I tried to read the book and only made it through 3 pages before I had to put it down (weak stomach). I rarely make it through a whole episode of The Walking Dead. But the premise is still hilarious.

February 12
Deadpool
I'm not a big fan of the character but it is supposed to be outrageously funny. I'll wait for the reviews.

March 4
London Has Fallen
I was one of the few people who enjoyed the first one. But I liked White House Down, too. Popcorn movies.

March 25
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
I'm a sucker for a good comic book movie. I play no favorites between Marvel and DC. It could be good.

I Saw the Light
Tom Hiddleston. I'm convinced.

May 6
Captain America: Civil War
Can't Wait!

May 27
X-Men: Apocalypse
Yup

June 17
Finding Dory
I can still do all the lines and know every note of the soundtrack of Nemo. Popular movie here.

July 1
The Legend of Tarzan
Could be fun. Looks pretty.

July 8
Secret Life of Pets
This looks like so much fun.

July 22
Star Trek Beyond
I loved the first but liked the second. Still, Idris Elba. Swoon.

Knights of the Round Table: King Arthur
Directed by Guy Ritchie; could be interesting.

July 29
Bourne Sequel
Very interesting cast.

August 5
Suicide Squad
See above re: comic book movies.

August 16
Ben-Hur
I like the original but I'm not a huge fan. Bekmanbetov is an interesting director, though.

November 4
Doctor Strange
More Marvel fun.

November 18
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Can you ever go wrong with JK?

November 23
The Great Wall
This could be fascinating. Or just pretty.

December 16
Rogue One: A Star Wars Movie
Goes without saying.

December 23
Assassin's Creed
Michael Fassbender and a decent script could make this work. Maybe.

And that's my first pass. Lots of fun stuff here.

No comments: