Sunday, January 12, 2014

This Weather is Bonkers


1. Did you know the Veronica Mars movie comes out in 2 short months?!


Have you seen the trailer? It's awesome!


Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!

If you need more details, here's an article. But if you are late coming aboard the Veronica Mars bandwagon, I am so sorry for you. Your life can only be richer post-Veronica. Trust me.

2. I will not, however, be seeing the movie opening night because I just booked a trip for myself and the children to go to San Antonio, Texas, for March 10-15 to visit my college roommate and her family. We chose these dates because that's when her kids will be on their spring break. Of course, my kids are supposed to be in school that week, so they will essentially be getting 2 spring breaks, one in March and one in April. I'm sure this will be a popular aspect of our trip, especially when I ask their teachers to excuse them from all homework and classwork for the week. Sometimes it helps to have an IEP.

This will however necessitate a postponement of my viewing what I'm sure will be my favorite movie of 2014, but these friends are worth it. We haven't seen them since spring break of 2005. Collectively, 4 kids have been born since then.

This will be my first trip flying alone with the children, but our summer trips to San Diego and back have given us a lot of practice. And we're flying Southwest (as always) because they are extra kind to families with special needs kids. And Marshall promised to get new travel batteries for the Nabi's.

3. Miranda's new favorite show is The Muppet Show. The library helpfully has the first 3 seasons on DVD. Fortunately, Kermit is her favorite Muppet; I was so afraid it would be Miss Piggy. They are a lot alike.

I thought I would like the show more than I do. I have only vague memories of it from my childhood. The memories of Muppets that I do have are of watching The Great Muppet Caper over and over and over again. Still love that movie. At least, I think I do. I don't think I've seen it in 25 years.

What I watched this week was the series 5 premiere of Justified (the writing is so good it still leaves me breathless) and the pilot for Intelligence, which I enjoyed.

4. I was really planning to go to the movies this week but I never got around to it. I guess there wasn't one movie that I was dying to see to make me prefer it to a book or a nap. We saw The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug last weekend and it was really good. If you only see the movie to see the dragon, it's still worth going. Maybe I'll see Frozen this week. Maybe not. I would like to see Her but I don't dare go without Marshall. And I want to see Saving Mr. Banks but with my mother, and she doesn't return from CA until late Tuesday.

5. I think I've decided to cut my hair short. I think. I need a change. Maybe it's the weather, alternating between frozen and not and frozen and warmer and frozen again that's making me crazy. The high on Tuesday was 11 degrees F, I believe. Flannel sheets are your friend.

6. I'm continuing to work my way through the list of the best romance novels published in 2013. As of today, I've read everything published by Sherry Thomas save one (waiting on ILL for Not Quite a Husband) and am now working through all of Anne Gracie's novels. Excellent writers, both.

7. My honey has a new blog about dysthymia. Don't know what that is? Go read all about it.

Bonus 8. How did I forget? The Australian Open starts tomorrow (or rather, tonight, here in the States). So I'm going to be spending all my days and nights watching tennis for the next 2 weeks. :)

And here's Jen.

No comments: