Raising children with neurological disorders and realizing, after all these years, that I've only been "passing for normal"
Sunday, July 7, 2013
7 Great Reasons to Vacation Here
1. For 10 days in a row, I got to sleep in until I wanted to get up because my parents were here to be up with my children and make them breakfast.
2. Twice in one week, Marshall and I got to go out to see live theatre at The Old Globe Theatre in Balboa Park. The Merchant of Venice was good but A Midsummer Night's Dream was excellent.
3. I got to watch as much Wimbledon coverage as my aunt's DVR could record. Today we will watch the men's final, all together.
4. Yesterday I had a West Wing hangover with my aunt because we'd stayed up late the night before watching "Celestial Navigation" and "Noel."
5. My children can go in the pool anytime they can convince the plethora of adults present to go out and watch them swim.
6. I get to visit with my grandmother, aunt, uncle, cousins, brothers and their delightful wives and darling children. I love my niece and nephew so much! My sister-in-law and my mother took lots of pictures that I hope to share later in the week.
7. I am disappointed to be going home tomorrow, but the idea doesn't fill me with dread. I'm sure that's the emotion I will feel as we're flying over Texas and still several hours from Philadelphia.
And here's Jen. Or, at list, the list of links. She was a little busy this week.
Posted by Sarah Boyle Webber at 3:29 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment