Monday, August 20, 2012

7 Good Things About Vacation So Far


I know, I know, it's Monday morning and I'm supposed to blog on Fridays, but I'm on vacation and the weekend was busy, what with my cousin's wedding and all the necessary hugging and kissing of my new niece and nephew, so this will be brief.

1. The new niece and nephew are as darling and cuddlesome as previously advertised. Here they are with my mother, last week:


I held them and kissed them and loved them as much as possible all weekend, because they went home last night. I'm sure there will be more pictures to follow.

2. Our flights last Thursday were on time and fairly trouble-free; it's just exhausting to spend all day on an airplane. Still, 3,000 miles in a day is handy when you live in NJ and your family is in CA. The only stressors, really, were the lines at 5:30 am at the Philly airport, both to check luggage and then go through security. Our kids were remarkably tolerant, all things considered.

3. My cousin's wedding was lovely and the ceremony was very meaningful. I enjoyed visiting with my extended family and good friends. My sister-in-laws took some lovely photos that I hope to share later.

4. I'm only 5 days into my 12 day vacation so even though I woke up at 3 am this morning, I'll be able to get a nap later.

5. My aunt and uncle have a Netflix Roku box hooked up to their tv, which meant I got to watch my favorite Farscape episode last night, "Revenging Angel."

6. Alex has been presented with some real challenges on this trip and he has coped marvelously. I keep reminding myself what Mrs. Garrett, his one-to-one aide, would say about requiring him to do new things and expecting him to rise to the occasion. I cannot bubble-wrap his life.

7. My aunt found us a wonderful babysitter for Alex and Miranda while we were away at the wedding and my kids loved her. I wish I could take her home with me.

Here's Jen.

No comments: