Friday, September 30, 2011
Heidi Heifer's Hoedown Hootenanny!
1. And I thought last week was exciting. Miranda had a relapse of croup and for the last two days, Alex has had a fever (the boy who almost never gets sick and hasn't run a fever this long in I can't remember how long) for two days and all he wants to do is sleep. He slept yesterday from 7 am to 2 pm and then went to bed last night about 9 pm and then crawled into bed with us at 3 am and, after more Tylenol, went back to sleep until 10 am. I can't remember him ever sleeping like this. So I'll be back at the pediatrician's this afternoon, for the third time in 8 days. And I can't remember when I last had a good night's sleep. Ugh.
2. For some reason, while being sick, all Miranda wants to watch is The Upside Down Show. Since they only ever made 13 episodes, we've been watching them over and over again. And, since I can't figure out how to imbed a video, here's the link to our favorite scene, including Heidi Heifer's Hoedown Hootenanny. (Here's the beginning of that episode, in case you get confused.) And here's the one that makes my children roll on the ground laughing every time. And this has to be my second favorite scene, very interesting yoga. The show isn't available on DVD in the states but it does still play on Nick Jr's schedule every night from 11 pm to 12 am. I could not recommend it more highly.
3. And all Alex wants to watch are his favorite Pixar movies, Toy Story, Toy Story 2, The Incredibles & Finding Nemo. Although, last night he had a strange moment and requested A Bug's Life.
4. Obviously, since Miranda was sick last weekend, we didn't go see Moneyball. And, since Alex is now sick, we won't be going anywhere this weekend either. However, the Phillies made the playoffs, so I can console myself by watching baseball.
5. What with all the rain and household illness, my Seasonal Affect Disorder has really hit me bad this fall. I feel constantly distracted and have difficultly focusing on anything for longer than a few minutes. Needless to say, I haven't touched my cross stitch all week. I keep thinking, all I need is a good night's sleep, and then someone wakes up at 3 in the morning, and the cycle continues.
6. Of the new tv series that started this week or last, surprisingly to me, the one I really like is Hart of Dixie, mostly because I'm interested in what Scott Porter might do next. I am still watch Ringer, as a huge Buffy fan, but I really don't like it; I'm mostly just watching for Ioan Gruffudd. Person of Interest and Unforgettable are nice procedurals with a twist that pass the time. Revenge's pilot was intriguing in a guilty pleasure sort of way and Terra Nova is still sitting on the DVR, waiting to be watched. Along with 300 gigs of other videos. A big drive for our DVR is a good thing, sometimes, and sometimes, it's just a place for me to collect things I'll get around to watching, someday.
7. My mother is coming to visit in 9 days and I wish it were sooner. I'm so glad she'll be living nearby soon, because I need help. Or a nap. Or something. Actually, Marshall's mother did my grocery shopping on Tuesday, which was a huge help!
And here's Jen.