Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Dance?


Here it is, all finished! I think I would be more pleased if I wasn't so sleep deprived. Alex didn't sleep well Thursday or Saturday night and Miranda woke up at 5 am this morning so I can't remember the last good night of sleep I've had. It's a good thing we're leaving soon for vacation where there will be other people to entertain my children in the early hours of the morning, so I can sleep.

Of course, what with all the bleary eyed days and nights, I haven't started packing yet. But I still have two full days. And my cleaning lady is coming tomorrow afternoon so I will leave a clean house here (and come home to one, too).

The suitcases have just been set up in the garage for me (a bed bug free space) which would be great, if it wasn't raining, or going to rain all day today and tomorrow, like it did yesterday. Did I mention our garage is not attached?

Ah, well. At least White Lilies on Red is finished, which is no small accomplishment. As I was putting everything from this project away last night and retrieving all the supplies for Celestial Dragon, which I put down two years ago to work on the lilies, it was remarkable how much the bright greens and aquas contrasted with the sedate but beautiful colors of the lilies. I promised Marshall I would take a break from stitching after the gung-ho effort of the last few months to make the deadline. September sounds like a good time to pick it up again. I just have to remember where I stashed it.

Before I forget, a big thank you to my father-in-law for scanning, enlarging and re-printing all the pattern pages of White Lilies on Red. Otherwise, I never could have seen enough of the pattern to stitch.

3 comments:

Lucy The Valiant said...

It's so beautiful! What an accomplishment!

Sarah Boyle Webber said...

Thanks!

Rick Webber said...

Father-in-law replies: Thanks for the shout-out! It's a great pleasure to help a great stitcher see what she's doing. NICE JOB! I never thought a second career in graphics would turn out to be such an enjoyable (and helpful) hobby.
-Rick