1. I downloaded Plants vs. Zombies on my phone on Saturday night and promptly lost at least 12 hours this week in the massacre. It is an amazingly creative game, but very addicting. You know, like Angry Birds, the game which, in less than 2 years, has taken over my son's life. And, as I am writing this post, I can still hear the music in my head. Scary.
2. I forgot to post this trailer from my new favorite-movie-that-I-haven't-even-seen-yet!
I've already told everyone that I'm going to see it every night for a week when the film opens. However, it's in limited release on June 7 (Marshall's birthday) but wide release on June 21 (our anniversary). This is all fine and good but we're supposed to decamp to San Diego on the 25th or 26th, which will put a serious crimp in my plans. Limited release usually means NYC and LA. I know I live in NJ, but NYC is at least 90 minutes away. If it was only opening in NYC, I would make a special trip to see it once. But if it's going to play in the movie theatre a mere 15 minute drive from my house, I'll wait a few weeks and see it there, several times.
One of my other crazy goals was to have the play memorized by the release date. That's not going to happen, but don't be surprised, if you happen to see me in the theatre, to see the glow of my phone as I follow the text during the film.
And while we're on the topic of Shakespeare, my darling and clever husband found The Old Globe in San Diego, and during our vacation 2 years ago, we enjoyed performances of Much Ado About Nothing and The Tempest. This summer, we want to see Merchant of Venice, Midsummer Night's Dream and Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead there. I am seriously considering extending our vacation so that we have enough evenings with which to see the shows.
And, locally, the Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre is opening their own Much Ado About Nothing and Othello this very month. I'm waiting to see if the reviews make the performances sound like they are worth a trip into the city.
3. I've completely run out of my supply of York Peppermint Patties, which I keep in the freezer for my daily chocolate intake. I can't remember the last time this happened. I had to settle for plain chocolate chips this morning.
4. I have started to regard my To Do List as a member of the realm of Oppressors-Who-Must-Be-Avoided-At-All-Costs and haven't done a whole lot this week that didn't absolutely have to be done. Which is why I've had all this free time to play Plants vs. Zombies.
5. If you missed this from yesterday, here it is in all it's glory
(Not only have I learned how to embed You Tube videos, I just did it twice! Of course, I asked my husband how to do it first and he looked at me as if I was crazy, assuming, like usual, that he knows everything. He told me to look up the directions and figure it out myself. Well, what he said was RTFM. Same difference.)
To recap, Veronica Mars was one of the best television series ever. I mean, Buffy comes first, but Veronica might be next. I know, I know, Firefly and Farscape are in there somewhere, but I digress. Well, in less than 24 hours, Rob Thomas raised $2.5 million to "kick-start" a Veronica movie. To be shot this summer.
Probably my favorite television theme song ever. Well, maybe not ever. I still love M*A*S*H.
6. I've been thinking of taking the several hours required for updating my 2013 movie wish list. In fact, I'm going to see Oz the Great and Powerful with my mother-in-law tomorrow morning. (If you hadn't noticed, I'm writing this Thursday night because I promised my honey I wouldn't play any more Plants vs. Zombies tonight.) She picked Oz over Jack the Giant Slayer. I didn't offer her Dead Man Down; I'll go see that by myself.
7. There's a tennis tournament being played in California this week, but the only television footage I will be able to watch is the 8 hours this weekend ESPN has programmed. Don't worry, my DVR is primed to record, with plenty of overage. (Stupid March Madness.) I never thought I would seriously be considering upgrading our Comcast service to include the Tennis Channel. Something is wrong with my brain. This tennis obsession doesn't make any sense. The only tennis fan in my family is my Canadian uncle, and we're only related by marriage. Too weird.
Oh, and did you hear? The Catholic Church has a new Pope. :)
For the record, after I finished this post last night, I spent the next two hours watching Veronica Mars videos on You Tube. Still, it's better than killing Zombies with vegetation.