Monday, March 11, 2013

7 Quick Things (Plus 20 pictures from the Philadelphia Flower Show)


1. The week just past is very blurry. Alex was home sick all week, so I didn't get out much. It was a nasty viral thing that kept him not himself for 8 days. Marshall had part of it so he was home Monday and Tuesday and I've been trying to shake it off ever since.




2. Of course, staying up late multiple evenings reading 4 books this week didn't help, I'm sure. I read Mortal Sins, Blood Magic and Blood Challenge by Eileen Wilks (World of the Lupi books 5, 6 & 7) and Spindle's End by Robin McKinley. And Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs arrived on Thursday although I haven't opened it yet. I gave up on City of Glass, though. Cassandra Clare is just too inexperienced a writer to keep my attention.




3. Easily my favorite things from the Philadelphia Flower Show (visited a week ago, Sunday) were the pressed flower landscape designs. I wished there had been professional photos of them done, for cards or a calendar or something.




4. To tell you how bad the week was, 3 days in a row I had to get clean clothes out of the laundry room for Miranda to wear to school. The washing got done; the folding did not.




5. Probably one of my other favorite exhibits was all different kids of clematis, wrapping itself around this shrub and that. I'd never seen that many varieties all in one place before. Absolutely gorgeous.




6. It did help that the ladies who clean my house came Friday afternoon, so we started the weekend with a clean house. That always helps.




7. If you want to see 308 of my 341 pictures from the Flower Show (the ones worth uploading), you can see them here.



Here's Jen.

No comments: