1. This really will be quick takes because there isn't much about this last week I want to reflect upon. Too much stress, too little rest. But I think life is starting to look up.
2. I read a few books this week:
- Blood Lines & Night Season by Eileen Wilks, World of the Lupi books 3 & 4.
- City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare, Mortal Instruments book 2.
3. We're on an Animaniacs jag here at home. I'd forgotten how clever some of the skits were. These are still my favorite:
The Monkey Song
Who's on Stage
4. My father goes to join my mother in Arizona on Tuesday, so tomorrow morning we're getting a sitter so he can join Marshall and I at the movies to see Argo.
5. I was feeling nostalgic on Friday so to laugh away my worries, I started at the beginning of Sports Night. I spent a very pleasant afternoon yesterday watching more, so I've only 3 more episodes left in season 1.
6. Always, in mid-February, my crocuses start to bloom. Here they were on Friday, during a sunny moment:
7. For the first time in a while, we went on one of the Date Nights scheduled by our church's Family Ministry. You drop your kids off at the church where some of the teens watch them (earning money for their mission trip funds) and you go to a local restaurant with other church folks that you may not know very well. It was sparsely attended, but the food was good at Dubh Linn Square and we had the opportunity to talk to people we don't always chat with on Sunday mornings. Miranda had so much fun that she had to take a 2 hour nap this afternoon. And, seeing as my father's date was in Arizona, we invited him to come along. It was lovely.
Here's Jen. But you MUST read this post from Simcha! It's hilarious!