Saturday, January 12, 2013

Movies to Look Forward To



It was a tough week around here, although I'm sure I will blog about that later. In the meantime, here's a glance at the movies I'm looking forward to in 2013.

January 11
Zero Dark Thirty (I wasn't sure if I wanted to see this in the theatre until my father said, Hey, let's go see this movie together next week. So we're going Monday morning.)

January 18
The Last Stand (doesn't this just look like fun?)

January 25
Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters (I know, it looks awful, but it does have Jeremy Renner.)
Parker (Jason Statham and J-Lo could be interesting together.)

February 1
Warm Bodies (I am not a fan of zombie-fied entertainment--World War Z just looks yucky--but this take on Romeo & Juliet looks fun.)

February 15
A Good Day To Die Hard (I have mixed feelings about this one; I only made it through the first half hour of Live Free or Die Hard before I got bored and turned it off, Timothy Olyphant notwithstanding. Maybe.)

March 8
Dead Man Down (This is a maybe; Noomi Rapace is an amazing actress, but she might not be worth it.)
Oz the Great & Powerful (Also a maybe; could be interesting.)

March 29
G.I. Joe: Retaliation (Don't care what the reviews say, I'm gonna see it anyway.)

April 12
42 (Surely you don't have to be a baseball fan to be a fan of Jackie Robinson; looks awesome.)

April 19
Oblivion (Looks like lots of fun.)

May 3
Iron Man 3 (Also looks awesome.)

May 10
The Great Gatsby (Looks pretty. Might be good. I often like Baz Luhrmann. Wait and see.)

May 17
Star Trek Into Darkness (One of the films I'm most looking forward to in 2013).

May 24
Fast & Furious 6 (Come on, the last one was a lot of fun.)
Epic (From the people who made Rio, my favorite movie of 2011. Could be lots of fun.)

June 7
Much Ado About Nothing (Joss Whedon + my favorite Shakespearean play = AWESOME! I have told my family I'm going to see it every night the first week it's open.)

June 14
Man of Steel (Not a huge Superman fan but early buzz is good.)

June 21
Monsters University (I still love the first one, even though I've seen it at least 50 times. Here's hoping Pixar has broken their streak of mediocrity.)

July 5
Despicable Me 2 (Loved the first one; hope this is as good.)
The Lone Ranger (Looks strange, but so did the first Pirates movie, and that turned out to be good.)

July 12
Pacific Rim (Trailer looks really cool, and it has Idris Elba. I even like him in bad films.)

July 26
The Wolverine (Could work; could fail horribly like the last one.)

August 2
Red 2 (I really liked the first one, but not sure if the sequel will work.)

August 16
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (I love the books, but the first movie was not great.)

September 6
Riddick (There were moments in the previous movie that worked, but it didn't work as a whole. Maybe this one will be better.)

November 1
Ender's Game (I only read this book a few months ago and found the kid-on-kid violence pretty hard to take, but it is a compelling story.)

November 8
Thor: The Dark World (More Tom Hiddleston as Loki? Sign me up!)

December 13
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (I liked the first Hobbit movie; it just wasn't as breathtaking as The Fellowship of the Ring. But few films are.)

December 27
Jack Ryan (I loved the books when I was much younger, but disliked every film adaptation after the first one. However, I love Kenneth Branagh's films, so I will probably give him the benefit of the doubt.)

And that's the list, so far.


















No comments: