Monday, May 26, 2014

Paris in the Springtime


1. The French Open started yesterday so I'm busy watching all those lovely hours of coverage, so this will definitely be quick takes. Here are my top 7 movies to see this summer: Captain America: The Winter Soldier


I saw it last month, as previously mentioned, and it was excellent. I never get tired of watching Chris Evans' take on Cappy or Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury.

2. Godzilla


I saw this in Saturday with my honey and really liked it. I did watch the original Gojira on Friday and shrugged.

3. X-Men: Days of Future Past


I saw this on Friday with my mother and loved it. I was thinking yesterday how time travel in fiction allows us to redeem the past and heal the future, those things that in real life, only Christ offers.

4. Edge of Tomorrow


Every time I see this trailer, I become more interested. The film opens June 6th.

5. Transformers: Age of Extinction


Apparently, I can't pass up on something shiny. Opens June 22.

6. Lucy


So much for my determined avoidance of Luc Besson. This film opens July 25.

7. Jupiter Ascending


For the record, I loved Speed Racer, but I never saw Cloud Atlas. This film also opens July 25.

Bonus 8. Guardians of the Galaxy


I have become a devoted Marvel fan-girl.

And here's Jen.

No comments: