Friday, May 18, 2012

It's A New Day


1. Feeling much more like myself today, thanks to the prayers and support of family and friends. The dark cloud of depression seems to have been removed and I am forging forward. Surging? Foraging? Whatever.

In fact, I am feeling so much better than yesterday, not only did I buy fabbie (cross stitch fabric) for my next project (I use high quality Jazlyn that is only available by mail order), I took out poor old Celestial Dragon and put in several hours of work on it last night.

I posted my future projects on our photo site, sometime in 2005, apparently, but they are still valid. See them here. The dragon is for Marshall and the flowers, collectively known as Connections by John Clayton, I planned to stitch, years ago, for our bedroom. I'm not sure which wall they will hang on but I still want to stitch them, so full steam ahead! (A side note on John Clayton: his Connections series used to have the four flowers in red/brown and the other four in blue. Since I purchased the patterns for day lily, calla lily, tulip and iris, he has recolored the other four--anemone, carnation, freesia and rose--from blue to the same red/brown.)

So, here are shots of Celestial Dragon before and after last night's progress:




Because of the level of difficulty of this pattern, I won't be moving quite as quickly as I did last year when I was working on White Lilies on Red as a gift for my sister-in-law, Stephanie. Still, any movement forwards is a good thing. Hopefully, I will be posting weekly progress shots. Oh, and if you need a reminder of last year's happy dance, here it is:


I am still so pleased with the final product. So pretty!

2. Kimberlee Conway Ireton has another post this week about the fight against child exploitation and slavery and you can read it here. Please, leave a comment and pray for those who work in Jesus' name against these horrors.

My dianthus are in full bloom, so I've included a few pictures of them.



3. My regular readers will recall that Jen Fulwiler, of Conversion Diary, took a break last week from 7 Quick Takes because she had witnessed the horrific death in a motorcycle crash of a neighbor. She writes about it very movingly here.



4. On a lighter note, Simcha Fischer has a hilarious post called "Ten Reasons I'm Doomed This Summer."

My irises and broom are starting to fade, but here are a few photos of their last gasp of beauty. Oh, and Miranda's purple pansies are in the middle and looking very happy. But then, we have had a lot of rain lately.  I do really love my red broom, as opposed to the usual yellow, but one of my neighbors has an orange one that I am slightly jealous of. I do love orange flowers. Must be the hair.



5. I really need to update my 2012 movie review list, but I've been too busy reading my mother's day gift from my husband, Joss Whedon: The Complete Companion: The TV Series, the Movies, the Comic Books and More: The Essential Guide to the Whedonverse. Well done there, Marshall.



6. In the meantime, I looked for something light and fun to watch, so I've started my way through Warehouse 13. I'll catch up on all my other series season finales later.

Also, I am happy to report Marshall and I have made it through episode 10 of Series 6 of Doctor Who. Only 4 more to go and we'll be all caught up for the start of Series 7, which I think is to be broadcast starting in September.



7. Simcha also has a post about robins, which I was reminded of when I climbed up the old pool ladder in the back yard to check on the nest of robins we have in one of our pine trees. Here they are, looking very snug, but growing fast.



And here's Jen.

No comments: