Friday, April 25, 2014

2014 Films, Continued


January 17
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit  (I saw it with my father the first weeks it was out. Lots of fun, even for die-hard Jack Ryan such as ourselves. Christ Pine and Kevin Costner were excellent; Keira Knightly wasn't bad. Kenneth Branagh has lots of fun playing the bad guy.)

January 24
I, Frankenstein (The horrible reviews steered me away.)

January 31
Labor Day (Passed.)

February 7
The Monuments Men (Middling reviews put me off.)
Lego Movie (I never managed to see it but my friends said it was fun.)

February 14
Robocop (I was not a fan of the original but I understood why it was cinematically significant. I'm curious about this one.)

March 7
300: Rise of an Empire (Still plan to see it on video.)
Jodorowsky's Dune (This still looks very interesting.)

March 14
Veronica Mars (IT WAS AWESOME! ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! A love letter to fans. I think it's still available on VOD.)
Need for Speed (Still looks fun. Sometime later, on video.)

March 21
Muppets Most Wanted (Poor reviews steered me off.)

March 28
Noah (Not interested in Kabbalah pretending to be scripture.)
Sabotage (Another pretty trailer. Middling reviews pushed it to video.)

April 4
Captain America: Winter Solder (We watched the second Thor movie and 10 episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in one week so we could see it. It was awesome!)

April 11
Rio 2 (Loved the first one. So looking forward to this. Miranda has condescended to see it with me.)

April 25
Locke (Looks very interesting.)

May 2
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Liked the first one, even though I saw it on video.)

May 16
Godzilla (Looks terrifying. In a good way. I think.)

May 23
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Has the potential to be amazing.)

May 30
Maleficent (Latest trailer made it look even more interesting.)

June 6
Edge of Tomorrow (Another awesome trailer.)

June 13
22 Jump Street (Although I still need to watch the first one.)

June 22
Transformers: Age of Extinction (Sorry, I just can't seem to stop watching these. Besides, I like Mark Wahlberg.)

July 25
Jupiter Ascending (Yup, another pretty trailer.)

August 1
Guardians of the Galaxy (Marvel has yet to let me down.)

August 8
Lucy (Awesome trailer.)

August 15
The Expendables 3 (Another popcorn flick.)

September 26
The Equalizer (When is Denzel ever bad?)

November 7
Interstellar (Directed by Christopher Nolan. Good enough for me.)

December 17
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies  (Can't wait for more Smaug.)

December 25
Into the Woods (Love the musical. Film could be good.)

And that's your mid-spring update.

No comments: