Monday, August 19, 2013
7 Things To Do When Your Kids Are Sick
1. Catch up on laundry, and not just the clothes that Alex threw up on earlier this morning. Wash the sheets on all the beds, but only strip them one at a time. If, at the end of the day you have 3 bare mattresses and 3 piles of clean sheets, you are going to be sorry.
2. Read a few books and not just the book that currently overdue at the library (Midnight in Mexico). After seeing the new Percy Jackson movie last Tuesday, which was decent, I read The Lightning Thief and Sea of Monsters on Tuesday, The Titan's Curse and half of Battle of the Labyrinth on Wednesday, the rest of Labyrinth and the first half of The Last Olympian on Thursday and finished up Friday afternoon. Then I spent the rest of the weekend taking care of sickies and watching tennis. Only one more week until the US Open!
3. Binge on some British television. I've decided to try Luther again because, well, Idris Elba is brilliant. And all my husband wanted to watch all weekend was Doctor Who (since he was also ill with whatever bug Alex is sharing). So we watched the Pertwee series Terror of the Autons and The Daemons.
4 Cross stitch. You know, that project I was so excited about a few weeks ago. Yeah, that one. Get back to it, slacker!
5. Continue to clear off the DVR. Make a decision about Continuum and Defiance. Either watch 'em or dump 'em.
6. Get Alex to stop watching the first half of The Incredibles every day. I realized this weekend that if Mr. Incredible had just let Bomb Voyage kill Buddy in the opening scene, most of his problems would have disappeared. Of course, he'd be immoral and guilty of some version of murder, but still, no Syndrome.
7. Mow the back yard, if the grass will dry before the sun goes down. It's the only way I'm going to find all the piles left by the visiting dog.
And here's Jen. Although her post from this morning is funnier.