Monday, November 12, 2012
The Sky is Falling
1. I have exactly 15 minutes to produce this blog post before I have to run off and start my week. So it really is Quick Takes this week.
If you haven't been living under a rock, you would understand that this weeks blog title refers to the new James Bond movie, Skyfall, which opened in the US last Friday. I saw the movie with my father last Friday; we highly recommend it.
2. Last Monday we celebrated Halloween here in Mt. Laurel, so pictures of the children in their costumes will be scattered throughout.
Here's Miranda walking in her parade.
Here's her class picture.
3. To get Alex to sit down and do his spelling homework last Thursday afternoon, he needed a laptop, a book, the Angry Birds Space Red Bird, and a bowl of chips. The actual homework needed the crayons and his notebook to do "rainbow words," where you write the spelling words 3 times in different colors, tracing the letters over each other. He is a little high maintenance.
4. Here is Alex trying on his costume at home. He was the Red Bird from Angry Birds Space.
5. Here he is at school, leading his class with the class sign:
Here he is with the other boys from his class:
6. Alex elected not to go trick or treating Monday night when we were all ready to go, and then regretted it for days. Sometimes being a good parent means helping your children live with their own decisions, but it really sucks.
7. Alex is still having a tough time transitioning to new anti-anxiety meds. His insomnia is really bad (so he sleeps well every other night) and he's awfully grumpy. And in the few moments he's not, Miranda is trying to make him grumpy by mimicking everything he says. Not a fun week. Hopefully, this week will be better. And I will have time to stitch!