Friday, July 15, 2011

Less Plagued, Still Tuckered Out


1. Took the children to the shore today so am feeling a little baked and plenty tired, so this will be a short post. We tried a new beach on LBI called Harvey Cedars Bay Beach and it was lovely. There was a fenced in area to swim and play so Alex wouldn't swim for Spain and Miranda wouldn't sneak down along the shoreline until she was lost from sight. I spent most of the 3.5 hours there in the chair, relaxing. Blessings on my sister- and brother-in-law who went with us and helped us have a great time. I should have reapplied some sunscreen, though. Alex has bright red cheeks and I have some red stripes on my thighs. I did take a long-sleeved shirt with me for when I was out of the water and wore it to protect me from the sun. And I still think a burkini is a good idea, even if it isn't socially acceptable. Dang.

2. Harry Potter opened last night, so I went to see Green Lantern. It wasn't the greatest superhero movie ever, but I enjoyed it. Ryan Reynolds is very appealing. We hope to see Harry next week.

3. There are fewer bed bugs on the premises. Just enough to be annoying. But we are starting to feel like we might see the end of this particular plague.

4. Not a lot of stitching progress this week; my hands and arms have been sore. Here's a picture, nonetheless:


5. Two dear friends welcomed baby boys out of their bellies and into the wide world this week and everyone is safe and well. Very good news.

6. I spent a lot of time this week on Facebook and playing Angry Birds Rio. Not a real productive week. Too tired and brainless.

7. My mother's book, Bathsheba's Lament, continues to earn praises and recognition from among a growing number of readers. There is a great review of it on the International Christian Fiction Writers' blog that you must read! There is another awesome review of Bathsheba's Lament on LeAnne Hardy's blog. Read it here. Remember, if you haven't already ordered a copy, you will find it available here, or, if you are a local fan, you can purchase my last remaining copy of the book.

If you've read the book and enjoyed it, won't you please consider writing a review on Amazon for her? Click here.



And here's Jen

No comments: