Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to Me! (or, My Husband is Wonderful!)

This is what the bookshelves looked like at noon today:


And then Miranda and I spent about an hour moving books from the piles in the front room onto the shelves and now they look like this:


Don't they look fabulous?!

Now, this is only about half of the books we own (and by "we" I mean Marshall and I; this does not include the piles of children's books located in Alex's and Miranda's rooms), so there are still 3 bins full in the corner in the living room as well as a few smaller piles in our bedroom. Which, of course, is why he's building a matching set of shelves on the other side of the room. 

The books aren't in any fixed order, although I did manage to put all the Milton together and my Norton Anthologies, and Laura Ingalls Wilder is next to L.M. Montgomery and Janette Oke, as they should be, but everything else is shoved in according to size and space. Some of the most amusing titles hanging out together are these:


And these:


Percy Jackson next to Still Harping on Daughters is almost as amusing as St. Augustine next to Heinlein's Number of the Beast. We have wide tastes, as you can tell.

Compliment my husband the next time you see him. These shelves are gorgeous!

No comments: