Friday, January 14, 2011

Another Strange Week


1. As you know from my previous post, we had a snow day on Wednesday. I am glad my cousins were able to experience a real blizzard for themselves and my kids enjoyed a day home from school. But Wednesday afternoon, my cousins left to visit their grandma in Lancaster, PA, and the house returned to its normal activities. I'm really glad they came and visited and got to see my life here in NJ but I expect they will be happy to return to real warmth in San Diego on Sunday. Of course, there is a forecast for more snow tomorrow....  :)


2. Miranda announced this morning that her ear hurt and she didn't feel good. I can't remember if she's ever said something like this before. Neither of my children are terribly communicative about feeling ill; their disabilities make it difficult for them to comprehend and communicate those feelings. So she stayed home with me today and I have left a message with our Pediatrician that she needs an appointment today. Like my mother always said, "If you're sick enough to stay home from school, you're sick enough to see the doctor." But it's January and this is the first day of school she's missed, which is amazing! God is good.

3. I went to the movies with a dear friend last night to see Tangled and really enjoyed the film and the company. The music is not as memorable as, say, Aladdin's, but very little is. Nonetheless, it is a fun film and I do recommend it.

4. Courtesy of my cousins, Marshall and I had an evening out together on Tuesday. We went to Friday's for dinner (mostly for their fried green beans) and enjoyed the peace and quiet of talking to each other without interruptions.

5. Tomorrow night is the annual Italian Dinner fund raiser for Hope's Youth Group. This year it's being catered by Carrabba's--yum! Hope to see you there!

6. On Sunday night, my High School small group will begin reading Bad Girls of the Bible by Liz Curtis Higgs. I am excited to share one of my favorite Bible study-type books with the young women I love spending time with.

7. A few other links for you, in case you've missed them:

And here's Jen

No comments: