Friday, November 5, 2010

A Good Friday


1. Most of my family is right now gathering in the Bay area in California for the memorial service tomorrow morning for my uncle, Michael Murphy. There is a wonderful obituary here. I am so thankful God gave us all the years with Mike that he did and then took him home.

2. On a lighter note, even though Alex & Miranda have had 3 days off of school this week, we have had a great week. I usually dread this week every year since both kids hate to be out of school and off our regular schedule but I've been able to keep them moving and going places and (sometimes) doing fun things and everyone has gone to bed happy every night. That's a miracle, truly. God is gracious.

3. Speaking (writing) of God's graciousness, earlier this morning I took Alex for his yearly blood-work appointment. I thought I had made arrangements to leave Miranda with a sitter (but I messed that up) so I had to take both kids with me on short notice. Usually , I dread this for weeks because it takes several people to hold him down while the nurse takes his blood, but he was remarkably well behaved, didn't fight us, didn't hurt us, and recovered quickly. Yes, it hurt, but he's okay. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I've arranged to take both kids with our friend Ashley to the Adventure Aquarium this afternoon. Our yearly membership starts today!

4. Yesterday I was finally able to meet my sister-in-law's new puppy, Ruby. I took both kids over to Leah's to play with Lilly and Ruby, who is this tiny ball of fluff but so adorable and sweet and we had a great time. I am such a dog person and being 2 years now without a dog is breaking my heart. But life is too full right now to take in another creature. Soon, Lord, please. I want a dog. Well, what I really want is my dog back. But, barring that, I want a new greyhound. Someday.

Here's Havoc during the glory days of the early 2000's. Man, I miss this dog.


5. I have been making great progress on my cross stitch lately, in spite of all the crazy upheaval in our house. See the photo below.

6. Hope's Youth Ministry this weekend is starting a new program called Inner Mission. I will be leading a small group called "Praying for Each Other" with three high school sophomores and I am so excited! A whole hour to share and pray together every Sunday night. It's going to be one of my favorite hours of the week!

7. Alex has been helping to put Miranda to bed. Here he is reading my favorite book, Tiger Can't Sleep, to her on Wednesday night:


I know my children make me crazy on a regular basis, but this week, they have been especially sweet and cuddly and I am so grateful to God for blessing our lives.

And here's Jen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We'll be moving to southeastern PA in March/April...and we'll have two very enthusiastic yellow Labs with us...happy to get you some doggie time! :)