Friday, January 22, 2010

First Time with 7 Quick Takes Friday


1. In the past two days I have finally managed to get all the rooms cleaned up except for ours, made it to the bottom of the laundry bin (now working on the bedding from the kids' rooms), and got almost all of my errands done, including replenishing the vegetable bins since everything that was in there was rotting and needed to go out to the compost heap. Miranda has slept through the night all week (since Monday, I think) which explains why I've been able to get so much done.

2. Since I've been running a sleep deficit since Christmas, I've been drinking a lot more caffeinated drinks (mostly tea and diet Snapple--wish it was Pepsi!) and I've noticed it's become a lot less effective. Dang.

3. I was finally was awake enough last night to go back to stitching. I've almost finished page one of "White Lilies on Red" (yes, I know, I've been promising a progress picture for weeks!) which means I've done the top left corner of this. It's going to be gorgeous! So if one page takes 2 months, that means I've got a long way to go to finish all 20. Still, it's very pretty.

4. Both kids are doing well at school God bless Miss Kim & Miss Barbara and their army of helpers!

5. I finished the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series by Rick Riordan a few weeks ago (which I HIGHLY recommend) and have The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins sitting on the table, waiting for me to open it. It was recommended by readers of my friend Kim's blog.

6. We will be having a January barbecue tomorrow night at our friends, the Olsons', borrowing my father's philosophy that any barbecue is available for lighting as long as the outside temperature is above freezing. Yummy beer-boiled brats, here we come!

7. Since Marshall was out last night and will miss bedtime again tonight, I should be able to negotiate the privilege of sleeping in tomorrow! Woohoo!

Here's Anne's Friday 7. And Jen, our progenitress.

No comments: